According to Robin Sharma’s novel, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, you should practice these rituals for an hour a day for 30 days to produce lasting change in your life.
- Spend at least 15 minutes in silence and solitude.
- Practice yoga or another restorative physical activity.
- Eat “live” foods—vegetables, fruits, and grains.
- Stimulate your mind—engage in lifelong learning, and read great books at least 30 minutes a day.
- Engage in introspection.
- Wake up early, get good-quality sleep, and start your day off with positive actions.
- Employ the power of music—listen, play, sing, dance.
- Practice mantras or positive affirmations.
- Take daily action to strengthen your character—practice virtues such as industry, compassion, humility, patience, honest, courage.
- Simplify your life. Slow down, unclutter, do less, but do things that you enjoy more.